ALL SUBMITTING PERFORMERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION RULES PRIOR TO SUBMITTING TO CRAZY WOKE ASIANS SOLO PERFORMANCE FESTIVAL.
- ELIGIBILITY: CRAZY WOKE ASIANS SOLO PERFORMANCE FESTIVAL is open to all performers of Asian decent or background who are at least 18 years of age at the time of submission.
- DESCRIPTION: ("Participants/Performer") must complete a submission form and an application fee ("Fee") to "Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival” ("Festival") Festival submission fees may vary depending on the date of submission. All Fees are only accepted through Venmo or Paypal. Submission period ("Submission") begins at 12:01 AM PST on June 16, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM PDT on August 31, 2021. Following the Submission, Participants/Performers will be reviewed according to the Panel criteria as detailed in Section 5 of the Official Festival Rules. All fees are nonrefundable.
- ENTRY: To enter, Fill out a submission form on the Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival website (www.crazywokeasians.weebly.com/soloperformancefestival/submissions) and include a Youtube or Vimeo URL that depicts you performing a stand-up comedy or storytelling/show routine, five (5) minutes in play length for stand up, musical, physical theater or storytelling submissions. The video submitted as part of Participant's Entry ("Entry") must not be longer than five (5) minutes in play length. If a submitted video exceeds five (5) minutes in play length, no more than the first five (5) minutes of the video will be reviewed. Entry is not complete until all of the following tasks are performed. Any videos with inactive links will be ineligible. All videos that are unable to be judged due to poor sound quality will be ineligible. All submission forms must be complete and received by 11:59 PM PDT August 31, 2021. Participants must provide all information requested to be eligible. Incomplete, unreadable, private video, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to notify the Festival in writing if Participant changes his/her e-mail, postal address, or phone number during the Submission period. Each submission must include a payment through Venmo or Paypal transaction number during open submission period. Participants/Performers are welcome to send in multiple tapes/submissions during the open submission process, and will not be refunded for multiple submissions.
- MATERIAL: All items submitted will become the property of the Festival for judging and promotional material, and will not be returned to Participant/Performer. ("Material") includes to the extent applicable (a) any information (e.g., comedy routine, video, headshot) submitted by you or in connection with the Festival; (b) your name, likeness, voice, and image; and (c) all photographs, recordings, audiovisual, writings, biographical, statements, and quotations of you and furnished to the Festival by you in connection with your participation in the Festival. Do not submit any Material of anyone other than yourself. By submitting Material, you represent and warrant to the Festival that (i) the Material is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right of any person or entity, (ii) you have all rights necessary to submit the Material to the Festival in accordance with these Official Festival Rules, and (iii) no party other than you has any right, title, or interest in and to the Material or any part of the Material which would impair the rights granted to Festival hereunder. Material must not contain nudity, or any unlawful acts.
- QUALIFYING NOTIFICATION: All Materials submitted during the Submission period will be reviewed by a committee ("Panel") selected by the Festival. Material (40%), Stage Presence (40%), Originality (20%). Participant/Performer reviewing will take place until September 12th, 2021. Each of the accepted Participants will be notified via email on or about September 13th, 2021 and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt within 7 days. The failure to respond within 7 days of notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Festival and, in such case, Festival will select an alternate Participant/Performer from among all remaining Entries submitted.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By submitting, Participants/Performers agree to be bound by these Official Festival Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, or from participation in the Festival; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Festival. Festival disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Festival. If accepted, you grant the Festival the right to record or photograph your performance, plus the right to use said recordings in any media; in whole or in part; for any purpose. Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Festival.
- ATTENDANCE & CODE OF CONDUCT: All Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival Participants/Performers are solely responsible for their actions while at Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival 2021 in Santa Monica, CA. Festival Participants/Performers acknowledge that participation in Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival is a privilege, not a right. Festival Participants/Performers acknowledge that they not only represent themselves, but Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival, and should not deviate from the rules of conduct set forth herein. Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival, conducts business without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or any other classification prohibited by law. Individuals are entitled to be treated fairly and with respect. Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination against anyone on any basis. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual harassment and discrimination for race or religion. This includes a range of subtle and not so subtle behaviors and may involve individuals of the same or opposite sex. Additionally, Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival Performers agree to no participation in activities that violate state, federal and/or local laws or Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival policies. No use or possession of firearms, fireworks, explosives, other weapons, or dangerous chemicals. Violations of any of these rules may incur any or all of the following actions.
- Immediate removal from activity/event.
- Official charges being filed with local law enforcement.
- Immediate eviction from fest accommodations
- Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival reserves the right to remove Participants/Performers/Production Members from the lineup or festival for any other reason, at any time.
- **ALL PERFORMERS ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN A PUBLICITY PROMO VIDEO AND PHOTOSHOOT. ALL SOLO PERFORMERS MUST ATTEND THEIR 1 ASSIGNED TECHNICAL REHEARSALS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN FORFEITING PERFORMANCE SLOTS.
- SAFETY: Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival is a 4-day event for individuals 18 years of age or older. Participants/Performers are solely responsible for their health and safety while in attendance of Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival and/or while traveling to, from, and during Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival. Any damages, injuries, or incidents requiring monetary expenses or legal ramifications are the sole responsibility of the Participant/Performer only.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival will have multiple staff photographers on site during the Festival. All photos taken during Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival by Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival Staff, Interns or Staff Photographers is property of Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival. Participants/Performers give full permission to be photographed at Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival. Participants/Performers also give permission to Crazy Woke Asians Solo Performance Festival and its employees, volunteers, and interns to use these photos for promotion and advertising through the website, social media, and print.
- FESTIVAL LINE-UP: The Festival line up will be announced on our website Monday, September 13th, 2021. Accepted Participants/Performers will be notified via email.